Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Changes Since Last Post.

Wow, It has defiantly been awhile since I posted.

It's weird how my life works in cycles. Every January I get this huge urge to read and I'll read book after book until I'm sick of reading. EVERY.SINGLE.JANUARY! Isn't that so strange? Another example is this blog. I started this blog the 1st of March and here I am April 24th, two years later, deciding that I want to write in it again. What's up with that?

Anyway, a lot has changed since last time I posted. Brad and I moved in together FINALLY after talking about it for close to two years. I got a loan from my bank and purchased a trailer. It isn't the best BUT it's mine and I am so proud of it. Don't get me wrong it's an old trailer, it's older than I am. It needs a lot of work but for a starter home I think we did pretty good. I had A LOT of help from my family and Brad's and it meant the world to me. My family came over and helped us paint three of the rooms, they helped me clean, and bought me house warming presents. Brad's family gave us their old living room furniture and tons of silverware, pots and pans, towels, etc. We made a lot of progress but there is still many things I want to do but I'm having doing them slowly because I don't have the financial means to do everything at once. I love living with Brad, and I love having my own place.

Another good thing about buying this trailer is that it was only one trailer over from where I lived originally with my Grandma. So, I still walk down and spend time with her all the time, and I still get to see my little cousins because they live in the same trailer park as well. :) Sometimes, it's not so good of a thing -- like when I want alone time and my 6 year old cousin is banging on my door three or four times a day. Haha. Got to love her though.

I'm pretty much fully in the frame shop now at work. There is three of us that work back there and we keep to a set schedule now. I'm back there everyday. Business is extremely slow though. Sometimes I wish they'd put me out on the sales floor just to give me something to do. It's okay though because I get decent hours (35-38) and I've had two raises in the three years that I've worked there.

Brad got a job about a year ago at Golden Coral. He started off in the dish room but has since learned how to work the sauté station and the grill. He is currently trying to find a better job that will give him a better pay rate, and benefits. He will really need it if I go back to school next semester (because my hours at work will be cut so I can have time for school).

Yes, I still haven't been back to school yet. I really tried to go last year. I got all my transcripts and shot history and everything I need sent to me only to find out that I STILL didn't qualify for financial aid. The cut off to be considered INDEPENDENT by birthdate was Jan of 91 and of course I was born March of 91. Two months short of the cutoff date. SO, I should be qualified for financial aid this next semester. I'm going to reapply for financial aid sometime within the next few months and if I do qualify then I'm going to go have blood work done to prove I've had chickenpox (which is apparently a requirement in TN if you didn't get the vaccine as a child) and then fill out the application form.

Brad and I also got a puppy shortly after we moved into our trailer! Her name is Buffy and she's a Pomchi (or as some people say, a Chiranian). Her mother is half Chihuahua, half Pomeranian and her father was full blooded Pomeranian.
This is Buffy a few months ago. I don't have any recent pictures on my laptop.
Buffy is now 8 months old.
 


 
Dexter came with us for a little while but we decided he was happier at my Grandma's house so we let her keep him. The puppy wore him out always trying to play with him. We still get to see him all the time though considering my Grandma lives so close. We even take Buffy down for play dates occasionally. Dexter likes her in small doses. :P
 
 
I guess that's all for tonight.
-Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment