Saturday, March 23, 2013

Kentucky, and other random things.

I've been working 35-38 hours per week at work and have been quiet busy. I can't really complain much because the money is good. So many things have happened since I last posted. Brad and I took my three little cousins to Bays Mountain park with the free pass my friend gave me. It got us into the park for free, a free barge ride on the lake, and we got to view the planetarium show for free as well. Pretty sweet. We had fun. The best part was when one of the Rangers got the wolves to howl. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Peyton, Kayleigh, and Lexie on the Barge ride.

Brad and I on the Barge ride.
 
 
The wolves.


Brad and I went to Kentucky on Thursday night after I got off work and we just returned home today. It was fun. I got to see a lot of my friends and it made me realize that I don't really have any friends here in Tennessee.. I like all the people that I work with at Ben Franklin but I never hang out with any of them outside of work except for the two or three times in the year and two months that I've worked there. The only people I ever do anything with is my boyfriend and my family members. I've never been good at making friends. I think it's because I'm not very outgoing, and I'm almost kind of socially awkward when I first meet someone. Oh, well. I'm thankful for the people I do have relationships with.

While we were in Kentucky Brad and I went to see a play at the Mountain Art Center called Pilgrim. It's a religious play about a young boy named Christian who is given a bible and starts his pilgrimage to the Cross. It's a great play, and the first time I watched it almost two years ago it really inspired me. I related to the main character Christian on many levels. After watching the play I started attending church every Wednesday night and Sunday morning, I read in my bible, got saved and baptized shortly after. I thought my life was changed forever, and maybe it still is but I went through a really depressing time in my life a few months after devoting my life to Christ and I drifted off my path. I made so much progress and just let it all go. I gained so much self control and had this incredible peace of mind. Its something I think about often and I'd really like to try and live that kind of life again. I say that but at the same time I must not want that 100% or I wouldn't be holding myself back like I do.

Anyway, I've had a nice couple weeks. I've read four books this month which is AWESOME! I've been wanting to get back into reading regularly and it seems like I finally have. I read the three books in the Generation Dead series and then read The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks! All very good books.

Might go to Dollywood on Wednesday. I purchased season passes for me and my boyfriend.

I guess that's really all I have for now.

-Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment