Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blogger's Goal.

I've always been interested in blogging. I remember back in fifth or sixth grade before I even knew what a "blog" was or that sites for such even existed I would open up Note Pad on my computer and just type to my hearts content. I'd mostly just write about what I did that day, who my crush was, how angry I was at my parents because they wouldn't let me do this or that, my interests at the time, etc. My mom ended up finding it and asking me about it. After that I was embarrassed and I quit writing until middle school when I discovered Xanga.

All my friends had an account and I thought it was the neatest site. I'd sometimes write two or three posts per day. I used Xanga on and off all throughout middle school and high school using several different accounts. Mainly because I'd always forget the passwords to my accounts.

Now here I am using blogger. None of my friends have an account, and so far I haven't found any blog friends. No comments on any of my posts and I got to thinking why? I think I know why.

I was looking at several random blogs today, and I realized that maybe the reason I'm not getting any hits on my blog is because... I really don't have anything to say. Yeah, I can write about my day, or how much I love my boyfriend but who would really want to read that other than me? I need to find some topics that I'm interested in and I need to be more opinionated. That's my goal. I want to be one of those people who write not only for themselves but for the benefit of others. I want people to read my blog and think that it's interesting, and insightful. I want people to WANT to read my blog.

I'm going to accomplish this goal.

-Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment